Our Saturday morning program is perfect for beginner skaters, ages 12 and younger. One $10.00 admission includes skate rental, personalized instruction facilitated by our supportive Skating School coaches, AND complimentary admission to the 10 am public skating session. Pre-registration for these fun Learn 2 Sk8 classes is NOT required. Parents are encouraged to join the fun, too! An adult pays just $5.00 to skate with each paid child.
Saturday Morning Schedule
- 9 am Registration and warm up begin.
- 9:15 – 10 am Enjoy personalized Learn 2 Sk8 instruction from Skating School coaches.
- 10 am – noon Have fun practicing what you learned! Additionally, private Lessons by Session are available during this time. Sign up in the Skating School office.
Skaters progress at their own rate through the following sets of skills:
- VIP Skater: New skaters/non-skaters learn safety techniques, correct posture, balancing on skates and how to roll.x
- Yellow Group: While reinforcing correct body posture, skaters learn basic skills such as starting/stopping, scissors, balancing on one foot, edging and shoot the duck.
- Green Group: While continuing and strengthening basic skills previously learned, the skater will be introduced to backward skating.